You guessed it, Harmony Camp 2017 now has its own dedicated Youth Stream to keep the kiddies entertained.
You are welcome.
Newly qualified BABS Music judge, Boo de Bruin, who is also the LABBS Youth Co-ordinator, Youth Chorus Director, Assistant Director of Avon Harmony AND full time secondary school teacher, will be heading up the stream and directing the Harmony Camp Youth Chorus. Alongside her, will be four experienced youth section leaders to guide the HCYC through the rehearsals on Friday and Saturday morning, plus daytime activities and a performance opportunity on the Saturday evening in the main Marquee for all the Camp attendees.
- open to all those aged 7 or over of either gender
- special youth chorus song to learn before arrival which includes music and teach tracks
- dedicated youth chorus rehearsal space away from the main marquee (the twin star marquee that we had in 2016)
- space for sectionals (covered in case of bad weather)
- youth section leaders;
- Mixed Quartet Gold medalist, Helen Warner
- Ultraviolet (MUBS) director, Gina Hallum
- Capital Chorus director, Pippa Goodall
- Green Street Blues director, Ros Kipps
- performance opportunity on Saturday night
- additional special activities for youth attendees to take part in
One of the best parts of all this, is the additional youth activities are provided free of charge with the purchase of a weekend camping pass. PLUS if you are a LABBS youth chorus member you are welcome on site at Harmony Camp as a day visitor, free of charge to attend rehearsals and join in with other youth based activities. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult and all attendees must still register when tickets go on sale at 10am on the 10th of the 10th.
The Harmony Camp Youth Stream has been generously funded by the Katy Phillips Youth Barbershop Education Fund administered by LABBS, and Boo and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the LABBS board for their support and funding with the project – without these funds, this project wouldn’t be possible. We are hopeful that the Harmony Camp Youth stream will encourage the next generation to take their first steps into the barbershop community and further their education in the barbershop style.
Dull but very important stuff:
All youth stream leaders and supervisors are DBS checked and all activities will adhere to the LABBS Safeguarding young people policy meaning that two supervising adults will be with any group of children at all times.
All LABBS youth chorus members who wish to take advantage of the free day passes for Friday and Saturday MUST register on the ticket sales website. This is to ensure that we know how many are taking part to ensure that we have suitable facilities, resources and supervision. Without a pre-booked ticket, you will not be allowed on site.