Babershoppers are a fantastic bunch of people with SUCH an eclectic set of skills outside of our rehearsal nights. Meet David Sangwell; not only does he have one of the most appropriate surnames in barbershop, but he is also a Flair Bartender and Mixologist – meaning he makes a MEAN cocktail – and he is coming to Harmony Camp on Thursday night to serve us up some especially designed Barber-tails.
Check out his skills from his Youtube Channel.
Not only is David going to be there making some amazing drinks for us, but he is bringing his portable cocktail bar to serve us from 4pm on Thursday.
The amazingness, doesn’t stop there.
Thanks to Catalyst PLB and BartenderHQ.com, any profits from the sales of the cocktails will be used to set up a fund to support quartets heading to international competitions*.
We will announce the value of the HCamp International Quartet Fund at the end of August. Details of how to apply are at the bottom of this update.
Quick updates and links:
- Limited tickets are now back on sale after a brief period of being sold out – we have sourced more facilities to support the increased numbers. BOOK NOW.
- Advertising opportunities are available for the A4, 8 page, welcome pack which each person will receive on arrival. Costs are £20 for a quarter page, £30 for a half page and £50 for a full page. First come first served – ideal for CD sales, coaching, shows, teach tracks and much more! Hello@harmonycampuk.co.uk
- All guided walks are SOLD OUT
- All spa treatments are SOLD OUT
- Closing date to order hoodies is next Friday 23rd June – just before LABBS prelims
- Check your chorus / quartet / choir / group name is correct for printing on the hoodies here.
- Closing date to order your HCamp beer and wine glasses is 31st July. Order here.
- Book your FREE child’s circus skills class, or adults for just £5
- Youth Chorus members will have received the link to download all the learning material for the youth chorus. If not, contact HCYC@harmonycampuk.co.uk – thanks to HB Teachtracks
- If you want to start learning songs, check out the HC pole cat from 2016 which we will be adding to this year, just waiting on the paperwork and permissions!
- SAI Vegas III 2017
- BHS International, Florida 2018 (applications will be accepted but funds will not be released until an official invitation has been received from BHS to represent BABS – usually around January 2018)
After quartets who are to receive awards have been decided in early October, the funds will be split evenly between each quartet, plus one un-named mixed quartet who receive the highest score at the UK mixed quartet competition in November who go on to represent the UK at the World Mixed Championships in Munich 2018.
To apply, email email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of quartet
- Name of international competition that the funds will be used for
- Score at qualifying competition
- What the funds will be used for
- No more than 200 words as to why your quartet want to apply for funding.